Workplace Safety Basics - DVD Training
- 1.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Workplace safety is a shared responsibility between employers and their employees. Under the General Duty Clause, (Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act of 1970,) OSHA requires the employer to provide a safe environment for their employees. However, each employee needs to be aware of the potential hazards they may be exposed to, take action to avoid or eliminate them, and report hazards/unsafe conditions as they arise.
This program is designed to provide learners with a high-level overview of a number of workplace safety topics and safety tips. It allows you to deliver effective and consistent safety orientation training, helping reduce costly incidents, injuries, damages, and turnover, while boosting productivity and morale. Specifically, the training covers an introduction to generic safe work practices, various engineering controls, the safe use of tools and equipment, and procedures for what to do in the event an emergency occurs.
- After completing Workplace Safety Basics, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe work practices and procedures that can help protect themselves and others around them
- Identify specific workspace arrangements that help maintain safety in the workplace
- Recognize the hazards associated with using tools and equipment and identify safe ways to operate them
- Describe the appropriate actions to take based on their level of authorization in the event of an emergency
- English & Spanish available all in one program
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 50-minute Video
- (1) Trainer Guide (not sold separately) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (1) Trainer Tools USB (not sold separately), includes:
- Main Video Program
- Bonus Video
- Note to Trainer*
- Trainer Guide PDF*
- Customizable PowerPoint Presentation
- Learning Activities*
- Quizzes and Answer Keys*
- Training Log*
- Training Certificate
- (10) Employee Handbooks (English) - Product Code: 49759 - Provide a portable, plain-English reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes a 10-question quiz to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Employee Handbook (Spanish) - Product Code: 49758 - Provide a portable, Spanish reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes a 10-question quiz to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 49414 - Hang in a break room or training area to provide a daily reminder of the importance of key issues related to workplace safety.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program. Spanish option available.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific sub-topics for more focused training.
- Work Practices
- Back Safety
- Slips, Trips, & Falls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Work Environment
- Hazard Communication
- Safety Signs & Tags
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Confined Spaces
- Hot Work
- Temperature Extremes
- Safe Use of Equipment
- Hand & Power Tools
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- In Case of an Emergency
- Emergency Action Plans
- First Aid/Emergency Response
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Workplace Violence
- Medical Records
- Bonus Material
- Note to Trainer Video – Approximately 4 minutes. Available in English only.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions. Offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training. Approximately 10 minutes. Available in Spanish & English.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- DVD-ROM drive