Respiratory Protection: Breathing Safely - DVD Training Program
Helps you satisfy OSHA's respiratory protection training requirements. Enhanced with the EyeCue Visual Learning System.
- Enhanced with the EyeCue® Visual Learning System - See "EyeCue" tab for more details
- Addresses the key elements OSHA requires for respiratory protection training (CFR 1910.134), including ...
- The importance of proper respiratory protection
- Respirator selection
- The medical evaluation
- The fit test
- How to inspect the respirator
- How to conduct a proper seal check
- Cleaning and storage methods
- Respirator limitations
- Available in English and Spanish
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 25-minute video enhanced with the EyeCue® Visual Learning System - Program combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Instructor Guide (not sold separately) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session. 20 pages.
- (10) Employee Handbooks - Product Codes: 13948 (601-H), 13949 (601-H -S) - Review key points of training and include a receipt page for documentation purposes.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with handouts, quizzes, clip art, posters and a training log.
- (1) Awareness Poster - English - Product Code: 13950 (149-K -P), Spanish - 13951 (149-KP -S) - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees that the rules are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- (1) EyeCue® Trainer Guide - Topic-specific guide explains how to effectively use and incorporate the EyeCue® Visual Learning System, 16 pages
- (1) EyeCue® Poster - Topic-specific poster provides a daily reminder of the training lessons related to each EyeCue® tag. 17" x 22", non-laminated, folded. (Laminated version sold separately.)
- (1) EyeCue® Tag Pack - Set of topic-specific tags, magnets, stickers, floor signs and window clings for use in your workplace. Includes:
- (10) Stickers - Respiratory Protection Selecting PPE Reminder, 3" X 4"
- (10) Magnets - Respiratory Protection Fitting PPE Reminder, 3" X 4"
- (10) Tags - Respiratory Protection Selecting PPE Reminder, 3" X 4"
- (5) Stickers - Respiratory Protection Cleaning PPE Reminder, 3" X 4"
- (5) Window Clings - Respiratory Protection Inspecting PPE Reminder, 4" X 5"
- (5) Floor Labels - Respiratory Protection Storing PPE Reminder, 8" X 9"
- (10) Miniature Zip Ties, 8"
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Access to chapers by topic.
- Introduction - Lists kinds of airborne contaminants, stresses how harmful they can be, discusses employer requirements and the importance of proper respiratory protection.
- Respirator Selection - The written plan; training requirements; types/styles of respirators; quarter, half and full masks and hoods; air-purifying respirators (filters, cartridges, canisters, filter classifications, dust masks, color coding); two types of supplied air respirators (air line and SCBA).
- Medical Evaluation - Why they are a required part of using a respirator, what to expect during a medical evaluation, and why you must pay ongoing attention to your health, even if you pass the medical evaluation.
- The Fit Test - Why it’s important to get a good face to facepiece seal; when fit tests must be conducted; elements of a good fit; what to expect during a fit test; items that can prevent a good fit (facial hair, eyeglasses).
- Inspection & Seal Checks - Why it’s critical to check your respirator every time you use it; steps of a thorough respirator inspection; getting a damaged respirator repaired; steps of a positive and negative seal check.
- Cleaning & Storage - A step-by-step process of cleaning a respirator; how to store it to lengthen service life; and replacing cartridges, canisters and filters before their service life expires.
- Respirator Limitations - Emphasizes that you should not take off your respirator until you enter a safe zone; addresses using the correct respirator for the job; covers treating air as though it’s dangerous if you are unsure of the hazards; addresses warning signs of a malfunctioning respirator; and talks about using escape-only respirators.
- Conclusion - Offers a review of the key points from the video and once again emphasizes how important proper respirator use is to your health.
- Review - Provides a quick way to refresh memory on key points of the program to better aid retention.
- Commentary - Additional interviews of industry professionals.
- "What's Wrong with this Picture?" - Six scenarios that relate to each training topic and highlight an employee who is not using his or her respirator properly.
- Quiz – 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.
- Message for Management – Gives introduction to the training program and topic for trainers/management.
- Previews - Personal Protective Equipment: Safet At Work, Confined Spaces: Dangerous Places, and Hazard Communication: Regulation and Risk - Offer a sneak peek at a related training programs.
Current stock: 0