Injury Prevention for CMV Drivers - DVD Training
Help your drivers stay injury-free while performing non-driving tasks.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professional truck drivers sustain more injuries keeping them off the job for longer periods of time than workers in any other industry. Ironically, many of those injuries occur during non-driving activities. In fact, most driver injuries are caused by unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, errors in judgment or environmental dangers.
- This program is designed to help drivers avoid preventable injuries while on the job by recognizing and avoiding risks and adopting safe work practices.
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to properly mount and dismount their tractor trailer
- Recognize safety precautions to take when conducting inspections and while stopped on the side of the road
- Discuss positions and techniques to use while driving to help prevent long-term injuries
- Explain how to properly load and unload cargo and move around the loading dock safely
- Describe how to operate landing gear, pull releases, and position converter dollies by hand without sustaining injuries
- Identify ways to stay safe while working outdoors in extreme heat or cold temperatures
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 30-minute Video - Uses proven advice from safety professions, trainers & drivers to present facts and figures concerning driver injuries, injury statistics and a discussion of the direct and indirect costs, or consequences, of those injuries personally and the additional negative effects injuries can have on their employer.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with learning activities, quiz (w/ answer key), images, training certificate and a training log.
- (1) Trainer Guide (not sold separately) - Valuable resource for the trainer that overviews the key points and guidelines covered in the video. Also provides background info on the topic covered in the video as well as training objectives and methods to help trainers create effective and memorable training sessions.
- (10) Driver Skill Cards - Product Code: 49290 - Handy post-training takeaway that summarizes the key points covered in the video that drivers can store in their truck and reference when needed.
- (1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 45987 - Hang in a break room or training area to provide a daily reminder of the importance of transportation safety and training.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific sub-topics for more focused training.
- Moving Around Your Tractor Trailer
- Stopping on the Side of the Road
- Driving Your Tractor Trailer
- Proper Seated Position
- Whole Body Vibration
- Loading & Unloading Your Cargo
- Loading Dock Safety
- Pushing, Pulling, & Lifting Loads
- Using Landing Gear & Pulling Releases
- Lowering & Raising Landing Gear
- Pulling Fifth Wheel Release Handle
- Staying Safe in Extreme Weather Conditions
- Extreme Heat
- Extreme Cold
- Bonus Materials
- Message to Management Video (5 minutes)
- Bonus Videos (20 minutes)
- Injury Prevention Around Flatbeds Mini Course
- Injury Prevention Around Tankers Mini Course
- Quiz (10 questions with video remediation)
- Vehicle Inspections: Tractor Trailers
- Personal Safety & Security for CMV Drivers
Current stock: 0