HazCom For Healthcare: A GHS Overview (Video)
Healthcare workers are excited and proud to care for patients and help them live long, healthy lives. Yet, in this same environment, caregivers can expose themselves and their patients to many chemical hazards. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Hazard Communication standard has recently been enhanced with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). The new HazCom standard not only gives workers the right to know the chemicals and hazards they face, but the right to understand them and how to protect themselves from danger.
HazCom for Healthcare: A GHS Overview will help employees understand this new standardized process of communicating chemical hazards.
Classes of Hazards
- Define the six classes of hazards
- Understand health risks associated with each hazard
Labels on Shipped Containers
- Identify the required components of a container label
- Recognize the nine pictograms for hazard identification
- Using hazard labels in the workplace
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Understanding of the different sections used on the SDS
- Accessing SDS's in the workplace
- The written hazard communication plan
- Responsibility of the employer
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!