Fall Protection for General Industry - DVD Training
- 1.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
This program is designed to help learners understand OSHA fall protection requirements under the Walking-Working Surfaces rule.
Walking-Working Surfaces compliance date for training for employees on fall hazards: May 17, 2017
- Falls are one of the most common causes of workplace injuries and deaths. In 2015, the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicate slips, trips, and falls accounted for 309,060 nonfatal injuries and 800 fatal work injuries. Falls to a lower level accounted for 81% of all fatal falls. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requires the use of fall protection when working 4 feet or more above a lower level in all general industry workplaces under Subpart D, "Walking-Working Surfaces."
- This program is designed to help learners understand OSHA fall protection requirements. Specifically, it will cover the potential hazards and protective measures you can take while working on elevated working platforms or runways, or near floor, wall, or window openings to help prevent injuries.
- After completing this Fall Protection training program, learners will be able to:
- Explain how injuries by falling and falling objects occur
- Summarize employer requirements to protect workers from fall hazards
- Identify various forms of fall protection and scenarios when each would be appropriate
- Describe ways for eliminating and preventing falls in the workplace
- English & Spanish available all in one program
- Ready-to-use fall prevention training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 20-Minute Video - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- (1) Trainer Guide (not sold separately) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with learning activities, quiz (w/ answer key), images, training certificate and a training log.
- (10) Employee Handbooks (English) - Product Code: 50526 - Provide a portable, plain-English reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes quizzes to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Employee Handbook (Spanish) - Product Code: 50525 - Provide a portable, Spanish reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes quizzes to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet (English) - Product Code: 50517 - Use to verify that your employees have received training. Sheet of 10 cards.
- (1) Wallet Card Sheet (Spanish) - Product Code: 50516 - Use to verify that your employees have received training. Sheet of 10 cards.
- (1) Awareness Poster (English) - Product Code: TBD - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees about the importance of the topic.
- (1) Awareness Poster (Spanish) - Product Code: TBD - Hang in a break room or training area to remind employees about the importance of the topic.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program (20 minutes).
- Chapter Selections (access to chapters by topic) – Allows easy access to specific subtopics for more focused training.
- Potential Hazards
- Unsafe Environment (where the equipment is good and the user does everything right but the environment itself creates a hazard)
- User Error (where the environment is safe and the equipment checks out but the user does something that is unsafe)
- Unsafe Equipment (where the user does everything right and the environment is safe but the equipment itself creates a hazard)
- Employer Requirements (what are employers required to do when these hazards exist)
- Types of Fall Protection
- Guardrail Systems (how it works, when is it used)
- Designated Areas (how it works, when is it used)
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems (how it works, when is it used)
- Positioning Systems (how it works, when is it used)
- Travel Restraint Systems (how it works, when is it used)
- Ladder Safety Systems (how it works, when is it used)
- Safety Net Systems (how it works, when is it used)
- Rope Descent System (how it works, when is it used)
- Using Fall Protection Safely
- Eliminating Fall Hazards (drop to ground level, use elevated work platform)
- Choosing the Right Fall Protection (things to consider when determining the appropriate system)
- Inspecting Fall Protection (how often is it required, what to look for)
- Using Fall Protection (best practices, regulations)
- Storing Fall Protection (store it in designated areas)
- Performing Maintenance (tag damaged fall protection as "do not use" and remove from service)
- Bonus Materials:
- Note to Trainer Video
- Quiz - 10 interactive questions; offers correct/incorrect remediation to reinforce effectiveness of training.