Emergency Procedures at a Mine - Video
An "emergency" is a serious, unexpected, and potentially dangerous situation that requires immediate action. This course provides information on common emergencies at mine sites as well as warning methods, emergency communication methods, and evacuation procedures. It also discusses reporting procedures, emergencies involving equipment damage and personal injury, and emergencies involving fires.
- State the definition of an "emergency"
- List the most common types of emergencies that can occur at a mine site
- List common emergency warning methods
- Identify procedures commonly included in emergency communication training
- List topics that may be included in evacuation training
- Describe common reporting requirements
- Describe common procedures during emergencies involving equipment damage, personal injury, and fire
- Describe fire prevention methods
- List basic ways to extinguish a small fire
- 30 CFR Part 46.5.b.3
20 Minutes (12 min. video + 8 min. test)