Cultural Competency: Just Good Healthcare (Video)
What is Cultural Competency? In simple terms, it's medicine at its best: patient-centered care. Healthcare providers who are sensitive to the cultural and religious beliefs of the communities they serve, particularly surrounding health and illness, provide patient-centered care. It's considered 'cultural competency' and it's a regulation in hospitals around the country. This program is designed to address the delicate nature of cultural competency.
- Trains healthcare professionals about patient assessment tools that allows employees to explain illnesses and treatment, identify healing, negotiate treatment, intervene and collaborate with patient family members
- Realistic healthcare scenarios representing many different cultures and beliefs
- Additional content and insights to enhance the comprehension and retention of this critical information
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
Length: 16 minutes