Construction Safety Basics - DVD Training
- 1.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Workplace safety is a shared responsibility between employers and their employees. Under the General Duty Clause, (Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act of 1970,) OSHA requires the employer to provide a safe environment for their employees. However, each employee needs to be aware of the potential hazards they may be exposed to when performing construction work, take action to avoid or eliminate them, and report hazards/unsafe conditions as they arise.
This program is designed to provide learners with a high-level overview of a number of construction safety topics and safety rules to comply with OSHA standards. Specifically, the safety orientation training covers an introduction to generic safe work practices, various worksite arrangements, the safe use of tools and equipment, and procedures for what to do in the event an emergency occurs.
- After completing this construction safety training, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe work practices and procedures that can help protect themselves and others around them
- Identify specific jobsite arrangements that help maintain a safe work environment
- Recognize the hazards associated with using tools and equipment and identify safe ways to operate them
- Describe the appropriate actions to take based on their level of authorization in the event of an emergency
- English & Spanish available all in one program
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- (1) 72-minute Video
- Work Practices: 17 minutes
- Work Environment: 24 minutes
- Safe Use of Equipment: 17 minutes
- In Case of an Emergency: 14 minutes
- (1) Trainer Guide (not sold separately) - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most of each training session.
- (1) Trainer Tools CD (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPoint® presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with learning activities, quiz (w/ answer key), images, training certificate and a training log.
- (10) Employee Handbooks (English) - Product Code: 50907 - Provide a portable, plain-English reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes quiz questions to check employees' understanding of the material.
- (1) Employee Handbook (Spanish) - Product Code: 50906 - Provide a portable, Spanish reference to be used during and after training. Review key points and includes quiz questions to check employees' understanding of the material.
DVD Main Menu
- Play Program - Plays entire main program. Spanish option available for all sections.
- Chapter Selections - Allows easy access to specific sub-topics for more focused training.
- Work Practices (Includes interactive 5-question quiz - Total time: approximately 5 mins)
- Back Safety
- Material Handling
- Slips, Trips, & Falls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fall Protection
- Work Environment (Includes interactive 5-question quiz - Total time: approximately 5 mins)
- Health Hazards
- Hazard Communication
- Safety Signs & Tags
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Hot Work
- Confined Spaces
- Trenching & Excavations
- Work Zones
- Temperature Extremes
- Safe Use of Equipment (Includes interactive 5-question quiz - Total time: approximately 5 mins)
- Hand & Power Tools
- Stairways & Ladders
- Aerial Lifts & Scissor Lifts
- Heavy Equipment
- In Case of an Emergency (Includes interactive 5-question quiz - Total time: approximately 5 mins)
- Emergency Action Plans
- First Aid/Emergency Response
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Workplace Violence
- Medical Records
- Bonus Material
- Note to Trainer Video – Total running time: approximately 4 minutes.
Basic System Requirements
- A 400 Mhz or faster Intel-compatible CPU
- A video card with AGP architecture and at least 4 MB of onboard RAM
- At least 128 MB of system RAM (Windows 2000, XP and Vista users - 256 MB or more is recommended)
- Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP or Windows Vista (most software DVD decoders have either reduced function or no support under Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0)
- The latest version of Microsoft DirectX
- DVD-ROM drive