Assisting With Medications DVD (Developed for Unlicensed Home Care Personnel)
This program teaches unlicensed home care personnel how to assist with medications and remain within their scope of practice.
- How Aging Changes Responses To Medications
- Types Of Adverse Reactions And Side Effects
- Procedures For Assisting With Medications
- Inquiring About Whether Medications Were Taken
- Handing The Appropriately Marked Medication Organizer To The Client
- Opening The Container If The Client Is Unable To Do So
- Giving A Glass Of Water
- The Role Of The Nurse And Family Caregiver In Relation To Medications
- The Five Rs
- Types Of Medication
- Medications Storage
- Medications Disposal
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.
Total Course Time: 45 minutes (includes 13 minute DVD, support materials, review and testing)