Accident Prevention: Applying the ANSI-ASSE Z590.3 Standard for Hazard and Risk Management - Webinar On-Demand
Webinar now available On-Demand.
The ANSI Z590.3 standard, “Prevention through Design: Guidelines for Addressing Occupational Risks in Design and Redesign Processes,” provides an efficient approach and roadmap for achieving successful results when designing or redesigning safety hazard controls.
The American Society of Safety Engineers-approved standard focuses on identifying hazards at the earliest stages of a new operation, eliminating the need for developing engineering, administrative, and personal protective equipment (PPE) controls later on.
ANSI Z590.3 focuses specifically on the avoidance, elimination, reduction, and control of occupational safety and health hazards and risks in the design and redesign process. The belief is that if the hazard is addressed early on, it can be most cost effectively addressed. The standard also provides a framework for comprehensive design and redesign that can help safety managers achieve amazing results in the area of hazard and risk management.
Use this on-demand webinar when Fran Sehn, vice president of Willis Group, will reveal how to use the ANSI/ASSE Z590.3 Prevention through Design Standard as a valuable component to the organization’s accident prevention and risk management program.
You will learn:
- The key elements of the standard
- The benefits of a comprehensive design/redesign process for hazard elimination
- How to compare your existing approach to hazard elimination to the approaches identified in the standard
- Tips for applying the standard within your organization
- The internal departments that should participate in effective implementation of the standard at your worksite(s)
- Best practices for convincing senior management that applying the standard to your organization’s hazard and risk management process is critical
- And more!